Featured Post

August 2017: Highlights

August was a busy month!  Be prepared for a long post! Roman turned 9 months old! He weighed in at 22lbs (85%) and measured 29 inches (70%...

December 28, 2015

Halloween

Hattie highly anticipated Halloween.  She loves to point out pumpkins whenever we drive or walk- on people's porches, at the store, anywhere and everywhere.



However, she wasn't too thrilled to carve a pumpkin.  She wouldn't touch the guts, so I gutted and Kurt carved.




Hattie's (Kurt's really) is the ghost on the left.  I think all the pumpkins turned out great!


Hattie loves pumpkins so much that she wanted to be one for Halloween.  We got this costume for free from the yard sale (they told me to take anything I liked!).  Perfect!  This was our car all ready for the trunk-or-treat at the church building.


I made myself a pumpkin shirt to match.

Hattie LOVED trick-or-treating.  She carried her bucket the whole way, walked most of it by herself, and said "trick-or-treat" and "thank you" at every door.  Whenever we were done at one house, she'd say "ok, next house!" and off we went.  It was so fun to see her enjoying herself.

But, as always, Henry was on our minds.  This was the first holiday since his passing, and the first (and least important) of the holiday season.  A season I did not anticipate and made me anxious to think of.

I would have had Henry wear the same elephant costume Hattie did on her first Halloween.  If it fit him that is.  He would have been two months younger than Hattie was for her first Halloween, but he's significantly larger than she was so who knows!  He would have been the cutest elephant.  Especially since he's named after an imaginary one.

I had a good cry in the afternoon then pulled myself together and we had a nice evening trick-or-treating.  As Hattie said after asking why I was crying- it's ok, Henry's spirit can come with us tonight!  I like to think that he did come trick-or-treating with us that night.

We love you Henry!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Tidbits from my life. I'm a stay at home mom of 3 kids; Hattie and Roman here with me, and Henry up in heaven. It's the best job ever!

Followers