Featured Post

August 2017: Highlights

August was a busy month!  Be prepared for a long post! Roman turned 9 months old! He weighed in at 22lbs (85%) and measured 29 inches (70%...

June 9, 2016

Henry's Birthday

The Sunday before Henry's birthday I decided we would all wear blue, and elephants if possible, in honor of Henry.  Last minute we decided to extend the invitation to our family to do the same.  I was touched by our parents, siblings, nieces, and nephews.  By their readiness and willingness to participate, to honor our little son.  

I wore my elephant necklace and Hattie wore Henry's sweater.



March 15, 2016.  What a day.  I had a very different idea of what that day would be like just a year previous.  Instead of anxiously anticipating it, I couldn't wait for Henry's birthday to pass.  I knew it would be a difficult day and in preparation, I invited my mom out to be with us.  We went up to Iona so we could visit his grave and Megan and the girls came too.  



Unsurprisingly, it was a difficult day, yet surprisingly tender.  Kurt and I went to the Rexburg Temple the morning of Henry's birthday.  The temple is the one place I feel whole.  I feel at peace and like things will be ok.  I feel that Henry is near.  Kurt was very strongly impressed while at the temple that Henry's birthday should be a day of celebration.  A day to remember our perfect, beautiful son and cherish him.  I agreed and that's what we planned to do for the rest of the day.



However, upon leaving the temple, Kurt read an email from his mother.  We learned that Gram was not doing well.  They expected her to live only a couple more days.  

While preparing to go to the cemetery, Kurt got the call.  Gram had passed away.  On Henry's birthday.  It wasn't a complete shock, but it was so surprising that of all the days in the year, Gram passed on Henry's birthday.  We don't think it was an accident.  I think Gram wanted to wish Henry a happy birthday face to face.  I know he was there to welcome her to the other side.  

Gram and Henry met less than a week before he passed away.  Here's the only picture we have of them together, taken by my sister in law at Luke's baptism.  


We proceeded to the cemetery where it was freezing.  A cold wind was blowing, but we weren't deterred.  The girls sent balloons up to Henry and we blew bubbles.




I'm glad we are able to visit this peaceful little cemetery.  Henry has a beautiful place to rest, and it's not too far from his parents!  This has been so incredibly difficult, for lack of a better description, but one thing is for certain: We love Henry Biehl!















P.S. I think I cried more writing this post than on the actual day of Henry's birthday.  We are truly surrounded and supported by angels!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Tidbits from my life. I'm a stay at home mom of 3 kids; Hattie and Roman here with me, and Henry up in heaven. It's the best job ever!

Followers