Featured Post

August 2017: Highlights

August was a busy month!  Be prepared for a long post! Roman turned 9 months old! He weighed in at 22lbs (85%) and measured 29 inches (70%...

June 10, 2016

Primary Children's Memorial

We were invited to Primary Children's annual memorial for patients they have lost.  I wasn't sure if I wanted to go or not, but glad we did in the end!  The Headley's were there too, so in the very least it was good to see them :)

I started crying as soon as we got in the room where the program would be.  We sent a photo of Henry for the slideshow- all the photos had been printed, framed and put on a table for all to see.  We got to take ours home.


Then I saw Tiffany as she came over to hug me and really started crying!  There were several speakers including the chaplain for the hospital and another bereaved mother who had her son read a poem she wrote about her child who passed away.  There was lots of music and the slideshow.  I tried to take pictures, but I knew Henry's was coming and started crying and shaking so it's blurry:


I did much better getting Lily's!


Then we went outside where the released 100 white doves!


We could also write a message, or just our child's name on a ribbon and attach it to a wreath that was then displayed at Primary Children's for a time:


I've said it before- I wish I didn't know Tiffany, Jeff, and Cohen!  We met in the worst way possible- in the hospital right before our perfect children passed away.  But I'm incredibly grateful for their friendship!

It was difficult, but overall I'm glad we went.  I'm thankful for Primary Children's and how hard they tried to save my son.  I'm thankful for the acknowledgement that their best wasn't good enough and that they mourn every child lost, including Henry.

Just to be clear- I'm not blaming the hospital, doctors, or nurses.  I know Henry's case was extreme and nothing short of a miracle could have saved him.  Everyone I have talked to at Primary's since that day have been incredibly thoughtful, kind, and helpful.  I would recommend the place to anyone, but I never hope to go there again.

As always, we love you Henry!  We miss you.  We cherish your short life and cannot wait to be reunited on the other side.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Tidbits from my life. I'm a stay at home mom of 3 kids; Hattie and Roman here with me, and Henry up in heaven. It's the best job ever!

Followers