Featured Post

August 2017: Highlights

August was a busy month!  Be prepared for a long post! Roman turned 9 months old! He weighed in at 22lbs (85%) and measured 29 inches (70%...

August 11, 2016

Summer Classes

I signed Hattie up for a couple classes through the community center.  Toddler cheer class was the cutest thing in the world.  Hattie was super nervous the first day, she had never taken a class before, and I had to bribe her into going (we got chicken fries afterward).  She did great for the first half and then kept coming over to me and wanting to leave.  We stuck it out though!





The next week, and every week after, went great!  She loved it, would run straight to the mat, and did her best.  I cringed a bit at the tumbling, not because it was unsafe, but because my 8 years of gymnastics taught me a thing or two about tumbling and these girls and coaches really didn't know much about how to do it correctly.  But they're 3-5 year olds and anything they're taught now probably won't stick.

She loved being able to yell!  HIGH V!  T!  HALF T!  and SLAP!  1-2-3 SPARKLES (their team name)! I learned a lot about cheerleading too.



We also signed up for Intro to Sports, but only attended a couple weeks.  The guy in charge was very nice, but totally clueless as to how to handle young kids.  His instructions were basically- run down there with the ball, go between the cones, and come back.  No demonstration, no games, so it just didn't work as well for Hattie.  She still enjoyed the couple times we went though!  Another strike against this class- it was at 9am...rarely am I ready for the day by 9am.

Soccer the first week...Hattie told me after "I don't want to play soccer".




Week 2 was football, which I think she enjoyed more.  Dad watches football!

Go Afton!

I took the girls too so Lena and I got to hang out:


They were supposed to grab the other teams' flags...it wasn't too successful, but kind of funny!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Tidbits from my life. I'm a stay at home mom of 3 kids; Hattie and Roman here with me, and Henry up in heaven. It's the best job ever!

Followers